Easy Squeeze is our innovative floor repair kit supplied in a 750ml mix-in-bottle kit for smaller DIY repairs.
The Easy Squeeze kit includes 2 pack resin, 25 plastic bungs, and instructions.
The resin has been designed specifically for application by injection through a spout lid and flows readily to fill the void into which it has been injected. Being a 100% solids material it will not shrink during cure, and being a two part system it will cure in totally enclosed spaces. Easy Squeeze contains no solvents so it will not attack sensitive materials e.g. polystyrene, styrofoam.
Easy Squeeze is a low viscosity, self-levelling, fast cure epoxy based adhesive. The product has a reasonable pot life for ease of use, but will be tack free overnight at 15°C, although lower temperatures will increase the cure time, Tradeweld Floor kit Pro will continue to cure at temperatures close to freezing point. The low volatility of the Resins and curing agent mean that the kit will be of a low odour for greater user comfort.
EPOXY RESIN VS POLYURETHANE RESIN FOR DELAMINATION REPAIRS
TIP! Ensure that all preparation work is completed before mixing the kit, the pot life of Easy Squeeze is approximately 30 minutes at 15°C, which means after 30 minutes the viscosity of the mixed resin will have doubled as the components react to form a solid.
1. Remove any floor coverings and furniture in the affected area and ascertain the extent of the damage. Drill a series of holes with an 8mm drill bit through the top layer of plywood, in a diamond pattern with 250mm centres, to the edges of the delamination. Locate any cross bearers on the floor and mark them.
2. Vacuum the affected area to remove as much dust as possible from the void.
3. Mix the Easy Squeeze components. Pour the entire B pack into the A pack bottle and vigorously shake for at least 3 minutes using the flat lid on the A pack bottle. Always wear gloves when working with chemicals.
4. Once suitably mixed and a uniform colour is achieved, cut the end of the spout lid to make a small hole and attach the spout lid to the A pack bottle. Immediately begin pumping the resin into the floor, starting at one end and working slowly in one direction. Once resin oozes out of the next adjacent hole, plug the hole being treated with a plastic bung (8mm wooden dowel can also be used). Repeat the process until all of the holes have been treated and sealed off with a bung / dowel.
5. If the floor has delaminated from the cross bearers, it can now be screwed down to them (before the adhesive cures).
6. Distribute some weight across the repair area for at least 3-4 hours until functional hardness has been reached. The full cure cycle for Easy Squeeze takes 24 hours though the product is usually tack-free overnight.
7. Once the resin has cured the bungs / dowels can be sanded down level with the floor and floor coverings and furniture can be replaced.
TIP! If there is mixed resin left over in the bottle then care should be taken where the bottle is placed. A large deposit of epoxy resin left to cure in the bottle will get quite hot and may damage some surfaces. Epoxy resins that have been mixed in the correct ratio and fully cured can be disposed of as non-hazardous waste.
For application from underneath the floor use Tradeweld DeLam TX.
Part A Safety Datasheet
Part B Safety Datasheet
Although we sell hundreds of delaminations kits each year; we are adhesive specialists and not caravan repairers and can only offer general advice on repairing your caravan. If you have any concerns regarding the repair of your caravan we strongly recommend you consult a qualified repairer prior to undertaking any work yourself.
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 17 May, 2018.